About Me

My photo
Recovering Addict of 20 years, learned to knit about 3 years ago and spin a few months ago. Evidently I am a pretty good spinner so I am told.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Fast Flyers

Because I am obsessive compulsive I just had to have the fast flyer for my Lendrum spinning wheel.  The idea is one can spin lace weight yarn, and fine silk.  Well I do have some Camel silk but no way was going to use it as a test run.  So I pulled out the good reliable cheap Coredale fiber and went to work.  This is what I got.  Not as think as I would like and the ply kind of sucked.









Now I am actually going to try out some silk.  It is coming along okay.  A bit thinner, plying will be interesting.


The pics had very little editing.  This silk actually has a gleam to it and it is so pretty.  Looks like it might actually self stripe.

No comments:

Post a Comment