About Me

My photo
Recovering Addict of 20 years, learned to knit about 3 years ago and spin a few months ago. Evidently I am a pretty good spinner so I am told.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

What to do with those first spins.

My friends call it Art Yarn...I call it hideous.  But have you ever knitted something to get the yarn out of the way thinking maybe I can give it to the homeless and then finish and kind of like it.

Well this hat was a knit that first spin ugly stuff and get it out of here.  This is what turned out.  I tried to take good pics but really it looks better in person.

When I started I thought I would just knit a heavy wool hat for the ocean and bond fires I go to.

Discuss...is it fugly, or is it quirky....

Front View

Side  View

Back

BTW This Is My First 3 Needle Bind Off

4 comments:

  1. I kinda like it. I think the extra "hair" in the back is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really like it, actually. It's pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the color and it's so not fugly! It's pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete